WORKING HOURS AND SCHEDULE: As Assigned
• High school graduate or GED required
• Ability to understand, read, write and speak English
• Must have the ability to work with Clients with Developmental Disabilities
• Must have the ability to work cooperatively with staff and to adapt quickly to all unexpected changes in routine
• Insurable and acceptable driving record may be required
• Successful completion of CPR/First Aid, and Positive Behavior Support training required
• Must have the ability to push, pull, bend, sit, stand, and stoop for extended periods of time
• Must have the ability to regularly, intermittently, and spontaneously lift, transfer, and reposition Clients; able to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to handle various assignments
• To implement the Client’s Individual Service Plan (ISP)
• To provide when needed personal care and grooming includes bathing, toileting, tooth brushing, shaving, feeding and changing adult.
• Documents the Clients’ information as required.
• Reports daily events, both written and verbally
• Communicates with staff, families and visitors in a professional manner.
• Assists with purchases for/or the purchasing process for Clients.
• Promotes active treatment and implements programs developed by the team while in the community.
• Documents service delivery and individual participation in events as needed.
• Ensures that Clients are free from abuse and neglect to the extent possible and reports to a supervisor immediately knowledge of any situation that may infringe or may have infringed on an individual’s right to be free from abuse and neglect.
• Must exemplify the Mission and Core Values of the Continuous Learning Center (CLC).
• Must follow all policies and procedures of the Continuous Learning Center.
• Must perform routine cleaning tasks at the facility as assigned, in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines, infection control, safety, and overall appearance of the CLC facility, reports problems/needs to appropriate Supervisor.
• May be required to accompany Clients on recreational outings, too and from work locations and other required destinations.
• Ability to operate lifts, ensures that all Clients are properly seated and strapped in seat belts, ensures that all wheelchairs are properly positioned and tied down and attends to the needs of Client during transport. Ensures the safety of Clients being transported.
• Must complete all service documentation records required by the CLC for Clients and vehicles following established policies and procedures.
• Must perform related responsibilities, activities, and duties as required.